Code of Conduct
The 2022 SAC Annual Meeting Code of Conduct (“Code”) is intended to set forth the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc.’s principles and expectations for participants of the 2022 SAC Annual Meeting and other related activities (collectively, the “Event”). This Code is not meant to be exhaustive. Rather, it is a standard of conduct that all Event participants are expected to uphold in order to foster a collegial environment where participants can learn, share ideas, create solutions and build relationships.
TO WHOM DOES THE CODE APPLY
The Code applies to anyone participating or engaging in the Event, whether in-person or virtually while on online, including, but not limited to: conference attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, moderators, venue staff, suppliers, contractors, Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. staff, guests, and volunteers (collectively hereinafter referred to as the “Event Participants”)
Event Participants Shall:
- Uphold the highest standards of conduct and assist others in maintaining those practices;
- Maintain a professional level of courtesy, respect other Event Participants during the Event;
- Support Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc.’s goals by respecting the diversity and opinions of all Event Participants;
- Promote a positive and collegial atmosphere free from harassment and other unacceptable, disruptive or intrusive behaviors;
- Support industry collaboration and cooperation while promoting open competition and compliance with antitrust and competition laws by not discussing restraint of trade agreements, prices, pricing policies, terms and conditions of purchase or sale, costs, future company plans or hiring practices, boycotting of customers or products, or any other topics that might be considered anti-competitive behavior.
Event Participants Shall Not:
- Engage in or facilitate any discriminatory or harassing behavior toward any Event Participant on any basis, including but not limited to, gender or gender identity, race, ethnicity, personal appearance, national origin, religion, political affiliation, age, physical disability, mental disability, perceived disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by federal or relevant state or local laws;
- Engage in bullying, threatening, intimidating or coercive behavior or actions toward another Event Participant;
- Record or rebroadcast audio or video of any virtual or in-person event sessions;
- Sell, trade, transfer or share your event badge, personal access link and/or code, unless such transfer is approved in advance by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. By registering for the Event, in-person or virtually, you agree not to share, sell or trade your access to any part of such event.
Report to Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. Staff
Please report any Code violations to an on-site Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. staff person, email email@example.com, or call or text Wendy Dittmer, Senior Director, Operations, at +1-412-289-9209. A Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. staff person will respond to all reports of Code violations.
Consequences for Failure to Meet Code Requirements
Event Participants must conduct themselves in accordance with this Code at the Event. Event Participants asked to stop or refrain from any behavior in violation of this Code must do so immediately. Violations of this Code may result in, among other things, expulsion from the Event and/or future events without a refund at the sole discretion of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. The Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to apply any legally appropriate corrective action for Code violations outside of the specific examples noted in the Code.