Planet Textiles 2023 Event Policies and Disclaimers
Notice of Recording
By registering for, attending, or participating in Planet Textiles 2023 or other related activities (collectively, the “Event”), in person or virtually, you acknowledge and agree that (i) you have been informed that you may be photographed, filmed, or otherwise recorded as part of the recording of the Event (the “Production”), (ii) you grant Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. (“SAC”) the right to record, film, live stream, edit, use and distribute your image and/or voice in any photographs, videography, audio and/or video reproductions captured during the Event, and (iii) you further grant your irrevocable consent to SAC, its successors, assigns, and licensees to include your name, likeness, photographic image, mannerisms, and voice in the Production and in any and all media, such as print and electronic media, including but not limited to social media feeds (e.g., Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook), marketing campaigns, publications or other similar uses in furtherance of the SAC mission, without compensation and/or credit, and for such Production to be exploited for any purpose whatsoever in any and all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity. All photographs, film or video footage, or other audio or video recordings of the Event, and any works derived therefrom, shall be the sole property of the SAC and you waive any and all rights of publicity, privacy, or other rights therein. You further waive any and all rights to bring an action at law or equity related to the Production against the SAC and its officers, directors, members, employees, vendors, volunteers, successors, assigns, and licensees, and release them from any and all liability whatsoever related to the Production. If you do not wish to be photographed, recorded, or appear in the Production, you should not register for, attend, or participate in the Event.
Code of Conduct
The Event Code of Conduct (“Code”) is intended to set forth the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc.’s principles and expectations for participants of the Event. This Code is not meant to be exhaustive. Rather, it is a standard of conduct that all Event participants are expected to uphold in order to foster a collegial environment where participants can learn, share ideas, create solutions and build relationships.
TO WHOM DOES THE CODE APPLY
The Code applies to anyone participating or engaging in the Event, whether in-person or virtually while on online, including, but not limited to: conference attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, moderators, venue staff, suppliers, contractors, Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. staff, guests, and volunteers (collectively hereinafter referred to as the “Event Participants”)
Event Participants Shall:
- Uphold the highest standards of conduct and assist others in maintaining those practices;
- Maintain a professional level of courtesy, respect other Event Participants during the Event;
- Support Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc.’s goals by respecting the diversity and opinions of all Event Participants;
- Promote a positive and collegial atmosphere free from harassment and other unacceptable, disruptive or intrusive behaviors;
- Support industry collaboration and cooperation while promoting open competition and compliance with antitrust and competition laws by not discussing restraint of trade agreements, prices, pricing policies, terms and conditions of purchase or sale, costs, future company plans or hiring practices, boycotting of customers or products, or any other topics that might be considered anti-competitive behavior.
Event Participants Shall Not:
- Engage in or facilitate any discriminatory or harassing behavior toward any Event Participant on any basis, including but not limited to, gender or gender identity, race, ethnicity, personal appearance, national origin, religion, political affiliation, age, physical disability, mental disability, perceived disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by federal or relevant state or local laws;
- Engage in bullying, threatening, intimidating or coercive behavior or actions toward another Event Participant;
- Record or rebroadcast audio or video of any virtual or in-person event sessions;
- Sell, trade, transfer or share your event badge, personal access link and/or code, unless such transfer is approved in advance by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. By registering for the Event, in-person or virtually, you agree not to share, sell or trade your access to any part of such event.
Report to Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. Staff
Please report any Code violations to an on-site Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. staff person, email email@example.com, or call or text Wendy Dittmer, Senior Director, Operations, at +1-412-289-9209. A Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. staff person will respond to all reports of Code violations.
Consequences for Failure to Meet Code Requirements
Event Participants must conduct themselves in accordance with this Code at the Event. Event Participants asked to stop or refrain from any behavior in violation of this Code must do so immediately. Violations of this Code may result in, among other things, expulsion from the Event and/or future events without a refund at the sole discretion of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. The Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to apply any legally appropriate corrective action for Code violations outside of the specific examples noted in the Code.
Covid Safety Measures
The Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. will follow Italy’s federal and local COVID-19 guidelines at the Event. Travel restrictions and COVID-19 safety rules may change at short notice. Please make sure to stay updated on Italy’s COVID-19 situation and your home country’s requirements prior to attending the Event. Participants are responsible for knowing, understanding, and following relevant regulations.
Do not attend the Event if you have experienced any or several of the following:
- If you or someone in your family has experienced symptoms including fever, fatigue, sore throat, difficulty breathing, a dry cough or any other symptoms exhibiting signs of COVID-19 or any communicable disease within 14 days of your arrival at the Event.
- You or someone in your household have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days prior to the Event.
Assumption of the Risk
Your attendance at the Event is strictly voluntary. You acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the warning and risks concerning COVID-19, the highly contagious nature of COVID-19, and that following preventative rules and maintaining personal discipline may help reduce this risk, but that the risk of serious illness and in some cases, death, is not completely eliminated. By attending the Event, you voluntarily, knowingly, and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault associated with the Event or activity, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the actions, omissions, negligence, fault or conduct of any kind by you and others, including, but not limited to, Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. staff, host location staff, the Event attendees, exhibitors, or sponsors, who may attend the Event or their respective families, colleagues, or others with whom they may have contact. Accordingly, you agree to release, waive and forever discharge any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature against Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. and its affiliated partners and sponsors, including in each case, without limitation, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), either in law or in equity, to the fullest extent permissible by law, including but not limited to damages or losses caused by the actions, omissions, negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties, including but not limited to death, bodily injury, illness, economic loss or out of pocket expenses, which your heirs, assignees, next of kin and/or legally appointed or designated representatives, may have or which may hereinafter accrue on your behalf, which arise or may hereafter arise from your attendance at the Event.
The Event has been organized by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. The Event is provided on an “as-is” basis. The views, opinions, and positions expressed by the speakers, attendees, or sponsors at the Event are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or positions of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. or any employee thereof. The Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented by speakers, attendees or sponsors at the Event and will not be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in this information or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. The Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. does not endorse, and expressly disclaims all liability relating to, any of the products or services provided by speakers, attendees, or sponsors.
The Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. will closely monitor COVID-19 ahead of the Event and reserves the right to cancel or adjust the Event if COVID-19 cases progressively increase in Italy. In the event of cancellation, refunds will not be issued. Instead, a virtual viewing option will be offered for all sessions. Communication will be sent out in the event of cancellation.
In the event that attendees need to cancel their ticket due to COVID-19 illness or exposure, a refund will not be issued. Instead, a virtual viewing option will be offered for all sessions.