Higg FEM 4.0 & SBT Trainings 2023
Science-Based Target Training
Don’t miss the opportunity to gain the skills to set science-based targets and reduce your greenhouse gas emissions! Join us for the SAC Science-Based Target (SBT) Training on June 14 in Milan, Italy!
This training course equips sustainability professionals with the necessary knowledge and skills required to set near-term SBTs for the Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions. What’s a Science-Based Target? What is the list of SBTi criteria? We will guide you through a step-by-step process on how to commit and develop your SBT. After setting the SBT, we will be sharing existing solutions that could be considered to reduce your carbon emissions in your manufacturing facilities and your supply chain. During the training, Michael Sadowski, the primary author of the Apparel and Footwear Sector Science-Based Targets Guidance, will explain the importance of companies setting SBTs aligned with the latest climate science to reduce climate impacts.
- The urgency, implications and impacts of climate change
- How to make a commitment to set Science-Based Targets?
- Introduction to Science-Based Target Initiative (SBTi)
- Overview the process of setting SBTs
- Introduction to GHG accounting
- Create Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- Practical exercise on developing your GHG inventory, setting your Scope 1 and 2 targets aligned with 1.5 °C pathways
- What actions can companies take to achieve their targets?
After completing this training, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance and benefits of setting SBT
- Develop your own greenhouse gas inventory and set emissions reduction targets using the SBTi’s target setting tool
- Be better positioned to meet the growing demand for global decarbonisation efforts
- Learn possible options exist in reducing your greenhouse gas emissions
The course is designed as a 3-hour in-person workshop that includes presentations from experienced sustainability professionals, interactive activities and guided exercises to reinforce learning. At the end of the course, participants will be given an online test to understand if the participant can apply the knowledge and skills required to set a SBT. A course certificate will be granted upon completion of the course and achieving a passing rate of 70% on the online test.
Registration is open. Register today for the Science-Based Target Training on June 14 in Milan, Italy.