Customer Success Manager
About the Organization
The Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) is an industry-wide group of more than 200 leading apparel, footwear, and textile, brands, retailers, suppliers, service providers, trade associations, nonprofits/NGOs, and academic institutions working to reduce the environmental and social impacts of products around the world.
Through multi-stakeholder engagement, the SAC seeks to lead the industry toward a shared vision of sustainability built upon a common approach for measuring and evaluating apparel, footwear, and textile product sustainability performance that spotlights priorities for action and opportunities for technological innovation. The SAC was incorporated as a 501c(6) nonprofit organization and launched the groundbreaking Higg Index suite of tools in 2011. For more information, visit www.apparelcoalition.org.
The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the SAC’s 15,000+ users are properly supported. This role will not only manage a diverse set of outsourced support partners but also leverage the SAC staff and their own time to directly support users of the Higg suite of tools. With direct responsibility and control of our Zendesk support infrastructure, the Customer Success Manager will continually grow and curate our knowledge base as well as identify new opportunities for reducing support caseload and increasing user satisfaction.
This role is perfect for a high-level individual contributor or team lead looking to take the next step in their Customer Success career.
- Manage our support infrastructure (Zendesk)
- Directly engage with and manage our outsourced support partners (Asia)
- Provide daily direct support for users of the Higg suite of tools
- Identify opportunities to reduce caseload via tools, knowledge sharing or process changes
- Leverage the SAC staff to provide tiered support to users and document those results to reduce future escalations
- Provide regular and standardized reporting to the executive team for analysis and discussion
- Design and implement a multi-year vision for the SAC support organization
- Identify new support based revenue opportunities
- Ensure that users of the Higg suite of tools receive excellent support, regardless of their native language
- Participate as a stakeholder in all product development efforts
Key Duties / Tasks
- Manage and continually adapt the Zendesk call-tree so that it is effective and reduces overall caseload
- Working with the SAC staff, continually update the How To Higg knowledge base so that it reflects the current needs of users
- Manage offshore support partners
- Aggregate analytics across all support channels to show challenges and progress
- Directly support end-users for 20 hours a week
- Engage weekly with product owners for support review and identification of areas needing improvement.
- Direct cross-functional content generation efforts in pursuit of higher user satisfaction
- Actively participate in all product development efforts to ensure supportability
Qualifications Required / Desired
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Zendesk expertise
- Managing third-party support organizations
- Directing subordinates while also functioning as an individual contributor
- Ability to derive and clearly articulate goals and challenges generated from agreed upon metrics
- Ability to directly engage with a wide variety of users with varying levels of competency in language and subject matter
Education or Formal Training (at least one or more of the following):
- BS/BA in an IT relevant or adjacent field
- Formal Customer Support certification (HDI, CompTIA A+, ITIL, CCI cert, CCSP, CCSM, CCEP or similar)
- Significant experience running a Customer Success/Support organization at scale
- Managing third-party support organizations
- Directly managing a team of 1-10 support staff
- Adhering and enhancing a multi-tier support system
- Experience supporting:
- users directly as Tier 1
- web based / network connected systems
- non-native English speakers
Compensation and Location
The SAC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a highly competitive benefits package, including health (medical, dental, vision), paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and a matched retirement plan. The SAC’s members are global organizations, and as such, the SAC staff sometimes works early or late hours. This position is full-time in either the SF Bay Area in Northern California, or the Orange County area in Southern California.
The SAC is an equal opportunity employer.