Higg Index Analyst
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) is an industry-wide group of more than 200 leading apparel, footwear, and textile, brands, retailers, suppliers, service providers, trade associations, nonprofits/NGOs, and academic institutions working to reduce the environmental and social impacts of products around the world.
Through multi-stakeholder engagement, the SAC seeks to lead the industry toward a shared vision of sustainability built upon a common approach for measuring and evaluating apparel, footwear, and textile product sustainability performance that spotlights priorities for action and opportunities for technological innovation. The SAC was incorporated as a 501c(6) nonprofit organization and launched the groundbreaking Higg Index suite of tools in 2011. For more information, visit www.apparelcoalition.org.
JOB SUMMARY – The SAC is looking for its next leader to facilitate the development of industry measurement tools, the Higg Index, which is used by the world’s leading footwear, apparel, and home textile brands to drive social and environmental impact. To develop this leader, we are hiring an analyst who will be responsible for managing and leading member engagement and feedback processes related to Higg Index development, providing Higg Index support, analyzing all sources of feedback, and making reports and proposals to Higg Index Product Directors and the VP for how to enhance/improve all Higg Index tools.
- Manage member engagement processes to gather feedback on Higg Index development including:
- Pilot tool feedback collection, analysis, and recommendations development
- Membership surveys creation, analysis, and recommendations development
- Higg enhancement update and prioritization process management
- Respond to Higg Index support requests through Zendesk and analyze KPIs to evaluate where tool or support program enhancements need to be made to reduce support requests
- Create monthly Higg Index KPI analysis for all Higg Tools
- Produce Staff, Executive Team and BOD level reports on KPIs including an analysis and recommendations for key challenges and opportunities
- Manage member communications on all reporting within their purview
- Communicate issues identified for other SAC teams in a timely and solutions-focused manner
- Constantly identify areas where both process and tools can be optimized to improve membership value
- Help develop records for tracking tool outputs and how decisions were made around outputs
- Support full team in keeping clean files within Dropbox and SAC Connect for documenting our work
- Support Product Directors in responding to requests for information from members and SAC staff
- Assist in special projects identified by the Product Directors as time and work plans allow, to grow the depth and breadth of your expertise with the tools and with the membership facilitation process
GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
- Passion and dedication for driving social and environmental impact within the apparel industry
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team, vendor and member-facing environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task to enhance productivity and manage workload of both self and requests of members and staff
- A self-starter with the ability to anticipate needs and work proactively before problems surface or escalate
- Ability to maintain confidence in the face of uncertainty
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with a solutions-oriented mindset
QUALIFICATIONS – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- BA or BS degree, preferably in a topic relevant to corporate social and environmental responsibility (Master’s degree preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience working in consulting or management/facilitation positions for projects or programs focused around social or environmental responsibility topics – preferably in large multi-vendor/multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Ability to thrive in a team environment with a genuine willingness and capability to help other team members
- Proven ability to perform well in an environment that focuses on producing tangible results in a defined timeframe
- Experience in apparel, textile and footwear industry is preferred
Language and Analytical Skills
Ability to read, analyze and interpret, and make recommendations based on user support requests, survey results, and impact metrics data gathered from across the value chain. Ability to learn new systems (measurement and software) quickly and adeptly.
COMPENSATION AND LOCATION
The SAC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a highly competitive benefits package, including health (medical, dental, vision), paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and a matched retirement plan. The SAC’s members are global organizations, and as such, the SAC staff sometimes works early or late hours. This position is full-time in San Francisco, CA.
The SAC is an equal opportunity employer.